Friday, July 2, 2010

Cucumbers and Dilly Sour Cream Dressing

Yesterday was the first official day of summer break for me. The classes ended Wednesday, but yesterday I had other work to do, so I'm not counting it.

Today, I got up around 9 a.m., made my coffee from freshly ground beans and then ate the breakfast that T cooked. Then we worked outside in the glorious weather. I got a little too hot since I'm not used to working outside, but I'm cool now. I worked in the garden while T mowed. I caged the tomatoes, dug a few of the tiny little onions that I could find, thinned the dill and pulled the worm eaten Brussel's sprouts in disgust/defeat. The worms are just too much for me this year.

I came in after all that to cool off, then went back out to build a Teepee for the cucumbers and stake a couple of tomato plants. T was done mowing and brought the hose down to the garden so we could water it. He's such a great guy, he even told me how nice the garden looked. :-D

Now we are just hanging out inside in the cool after a lunch of turkey wraps with dilly cucumbers in sour cream.

Cucumbers in Dill-Sour Cream Dressing

3 cucumbers peeled and seeded
1/2 cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
Fresh Dill
1-2 Tablespoons white vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cut the cucumbers into 1/2-inch strips. Stack strips together and dice. Place cucumbers a bowl. finely chop the dill and add it to the cucumbers. Add the sour cream, vinegar, salt and pepper then toss everything together; mixing well. It's great for topping sandwiches or by itself.



A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17 NIV

I'm so thankful for the friends that let me stay with them while I had classes in Little Rock. I'm also thankful for the new friends that I've made these past few weeks. I know that I have met some who will be dear to me for the rest of my life.

No comments: